MilestonesMemento group History
Shuffle through our history to discover the most memorable milestones of our 24 years story.
Christian Tour – a star is born
Christian Tour organically turns into Romania’s go-to leisure tour operator, achieving:
- the expansion from one single office in 1999 to 34 offices across Romania;
- a yearly turnover of 50 million €;
- 185 K booked holidays;
- a complex transportation fleet – charter flights, buses, coaches and vans;
- technology savviness and a high performance booking service for all types of travellers – seniors, youngsters and families;
An ambitious expansion starts through the opening of our first offices in Greece, Turkey, Spain and Moldavia.
Fabrica de Asigurari – Insurance Brocker serving commercial, institutional and individual local customers is our leading provider of life insurance, as well as reinsurance of property and casualty risks.
Kassiopi Resort is bought by Memento Group, marking the beginning of Memento Hotels.
Memento Holidays was founded, integrating all types of services into a complete tourist package, relying on local know-how in some of the most important and attractive tourist destinations as Turkey, Greece and Spain managed by Memento Turkey, Memento Greece and Memento Spain.
Widening the markets
Christian Tour starts operations in Hungary, Serbia and Poland.
Corporate offices are set up in Bucharest as an expression of the group’s style, vision and ethics.
Memento Bus the transport division of Memento Group, providing business and leisure transportation services is founded.
The Tech Division
iMemento Inc. is born, a provider of technological solutions for the travel sector, specialised in passenger transport services (StellaBus, StellaFlights), Property Management Solutions and travel management systems (Experiences by MementoBooking).
Central Bus Station Bucharest is launched, the first Intermodal Terminal in Romania, open 24/7, connecting private transfers/shuttle bus service to the local transportation options.
Memento Rooms – Juvo Hospitality, a hotel consultancy platform connecting over 600 K travel agents, consortia and corporate all over the world.
Memento Group attains new goals:
- 107 million € turnover in a single year;
- Over 3 million € investments in R&D;
- 2,5 million travellers who have chosen our services;
- Christian Tour is the no. 1 Tour Operator in Romania;
- Memento Group expands in Serbia with two more offices and its new transport division, Memento Bus Serbia;
- The Group operates 52 weekly charter flights during the summer season;
- Pandels Properties starts onsite development of two condominium projects.
We never settle
The Group acquires Amaze Holidays, headquartered in Heraklion, Crete and with local offices in Zante, in the very heart of Zakynthos and Thassos, opening Greece to the world through a complex network.
The group reaches a turnover of 200 million € and facilitates services for 1.3 million people.
Memento Green, a breakthrough in the Romanian market, was the first premium electric car fleet operating as a smart ride share company.
Yuga Store, Animawings, Memex
The story of Yuga is also your story, as is the story of all of us who seeks balance, a healthy lifestyle and little moments of joy.
Animawings is proud to be a Romanian company and aspires to become the best airline in the country. We are ready to discover new ways to amaze our customers throughout their journey.
Efficient, easy to use and accessible courier services – this is Memex.
Looking forward to the future
New opportunities, new destinations, new business